Clear Ceramic braces
Clear ceramic braces are made of ceramic alloys. Because of their transparency, they also have a great following, especially among adults who are to correct their buckteeth but without shouting to the world, they’re being corrected every time they smile.
In addition to the clear ceramic brackets, there are two types of brace wires or ties that can make them more inconspicuous. The ties are made up of either clear elastic ties or white metal ties. The metal ties provide a stronger bind but tend to lose the white coating over time.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Ceramic Braces
- The ceramic material comes in many shades and thus blends in nicely with your teeth.
- Ceramic braces are permanently attached and offer a more comfortable experience
- The material is strong and breaking one is very unlikely
- The rubber bands can be exchanged with ease
- Ceramic braces can fit on a high percentage of patients
- They cost a bit more than metal braces
- The length you have these installed may last a bit longer
- Each individual ceramic brace is larger than some of the other types of permanent braces
- Ceramic braces do have their limitations